Dr. Robin Barnett
Ed.D., L.C.S.W., L.C.A.D.C.
- Doctorate- Ed.D. in Human Services Administration
- Masters in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Certificate in Womens Studies
- Drug and Alcohol Studies
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Sexual Addictions
- Training in Systemic Model of Drug and Alcohol Interventions.
- Clinical Hypnosis Certification- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis Drug and Alcohol Studies- Substance Awareness Coordinator, Georgian Court College
- Clinical Supervision
- Systemic Model of Drug and Alcohol Interventions
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Forensic Social Work
- Individual testing and assessment
- Team Management
- Treatment of Sexual Addictions Training
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
- Mental Health Psychotherapy
- Clinical Assessment
- Forensic Social Work, Tulane University
- Individual Testing and Assessment, University of Sarasota
- Clinical Supervision, University of Sarasota
- Team Management, University of Sarasota Ethics in Practice
- Nova Southeastern University
- Adjunct Professor- School of Social Work at Rutgers- The State University of New Jersey
- Administrator/CEO/Co-owner at Park Bench Group Counseling
- Commissioner for Atlantic County Commission for Women and Children
- Adjunct Professor of Child Psychology at Atlantic Cape Community College
- Psychotherapist at Private Practice
- Director at Director of Home Health Care
- Executive Director/Founder at Adoption Support Network
- ER/Trauma Social Worker
Speaking Engagements and Honors
Named among “America’s Best Therapists” by Psychology Today magazine, 2003 Guest Speaker at Stockton College for graduating Social Work Class Conference on Elderly Abuse, Princeton, NJ Women’s Issues, Atlantic Health Education Committee Pediatric AIDS, Ryan White Convention Depression and the Elderly, Jewish Family Services Adoption Issues, National Adoption Congress Convention Health Update, Self-Mutilation, NBC- TV40 How to work with those effected by 9/11, Atlantic Cape Community College Numerous presentations made to state organizations, various TV appearances, radio show guest appearances, Guest Interventionist “Gone Too Far” DJ Am on MTV, Guest Addictions Specialist Morning Show with Mike and Juliet on Fox TV, 20/20 guest expert on ABC, The Steve Wilkos Show guest expert on NBC, and Recovery Warrior Award.
- Certified in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certified School Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist
- Certified National Master Interventionist
- Certified Clinical Supervisor
Dr. Robin Barnett is a revered behavioral health expert, certified sex addiction expert and former CEO of Park Bench Group Counseling, a progressive addiction rehabilitation facility in Northfield, New Jersey, which she co-founded in 2006 and sold in 2014. A licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselor, licensed clinical social worker, and certified sex addiction therapist, for nearly two decades she has helped countless people conquer addictive behavior and a multitude of behavioral challenges.
Inspired by firsthand experience when her own brother encountered a downward spiral with alcoholism and drugs, Dr. Barnett learned that exhibiting “tough love” is one of the hardest but most necessary strategies for the addict’s family. She hopes to help others manage the heartache of this struggle by sharing her professional—and personal—insights in a practical guide for families of addicts, Addict In The House, Dr. Robin’s first book, which is set for publication in August of 2016.
Dr. Barnett is a well-known resource in the clinical community. She was named among “America’s Best Therapists” by Psychology Today, and she has appeared as a drug, alcohol, and behavior expert on various national media outlets, including MTV, CNN, HLN, NBC, FOX, ABC (20/20, Nightline), and CBS to name a few. Presently, Dr. Barnett is a regular on the Steve Wilkos Show (NBC Universal Syndication) as their Substance Abuse Expert and is currently included in the fabric of several unscripted television projects in development.
Dr. Barnett holds a Doctorate in Human Services Administration from the University of Sarasota and a Master’s in Social Work from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Dr. Barnett currently resides with her family at the Jersey Shore and is currently working on her second book with celebrated publisher, New Harbinger.